Wednesday, December 21, 2011
Tuesday, November 22, 2011
Andrew is growing and growing. He's calls my "mom" and that's the only word he seems to say regularly. I think it's because he has so many aunts and uncles to talk for him. :)
I'm now 29 1/2 weeks along. This baby is so different from Andrew. It is more active, and definitely has a stronger personality. I'm so curious to meet this Little One and see if it's a boy or a girl. I had a dream it was a beautiful little girl we named Bethany (which is one of our top 2 girl names) and so I'm thinking that somewhere in my future is a little Bethany. :) I really don't care whether we have a boy or a girl. I'll be excited either way. I want a girl mostly for Scott because he really wants a girl, but either way, we'll be super excited!!!!
Thanksgiving is in two days and last Friday we decorated for Christmas. Before you go judging me, we are leaving in 10 days for a 2 week book tour getting home 1 week before Christmas, so we decided that we wanted to enjoy our place decorated for Christmas, especially since I won't be leaving everything up until the end of January like last year because once New Year comes, I'll be kicking into high "Baby Prep" mode. :) Less than 11 weeks until my due date, I'm so excited!!!!
Just a little "tid bit" for you....
I've been studyin Proverbs 31 and this verse just keeps popping out at me.
"She seeketh wool, and flax and worketh willingly with her hands." Proverbs 31:13
A virtuous woman works willingly with her hands. How often do we do what we need to do because we need to do it without a willing heart? I've noticed that the more I look at what I need to do with a willing, cheerful, eager attitude, the easier it is to do it. It also usually turns out to be more rewarding as well.
I know this wasn't long, but it's something. :) Now I need to get off the computer and go work on Christmas gifts. I'm trying to finish everything (as much as possible) before we leave for our trip.
Wednesday, November 16, 2011
Tuesday, September 6, 2011
Monday, August 15, 2011
- is now walking, and really walking. He's been taking multiple steps very frequently for a couple weeks now, but in the past few days he's gotten to the point of just walking (although he still has his cute little "toddle")
- has peed on the potty twice in the last 2 days. I bought him a potty chair just to have on hand, and then decided that I'd try to put him on it every time I change his diaper. The third time he went on it Saturday, he went (I didn't even check at first, just closed the lid and then thought, I should probably just get in a habit of checking, and low and behold, he had gone pee!). Then he did the same thing yesterday. So now I'm thinking that it's possible he could be potty trained at least during the day by February (I'll let you know why February in a moment).
- cut his first tooth at 9 months and at the same time decided that he was finally interested in solid foods. (Praise God!) He is now 11 months and prefers only table food, and especially whatever any of the rest of us are eating! I can't give him enough food!
- loves music and any time anyone starts singing or playing music, Andrew gets all happy, nods his head, and then just gets this big grin on his face!
- I am pregnant, again!
- I'm due February 4th, which makes me 15 weeks, 2 days.
- I know, by this point with Andrew's pregnancy, I had several baby bump pictures for you, and even though now, I have quite the baby bump compared to Andrew's pregnancy at 15 weeks, I haven't taken any pictures.
- Andrew and the baby will be 18 months apart, which I think is perfect! I'm so excited!!!! One year from now I'll have 2 adorable little kids to keep track of, and I can't wait!
- One thing is for sure, this pregnancy seems to be going much faster than the last. However, I'm sure that the fact that I have a little guy running all over the place that I must keep track of, is the "culprit". :)
- The first trimester, I seemed to be more sick compared to the last pregnancy, and thankfully it mostly died out about 11-12 weeks instead of 14 weeks like with Andrew.
- Apparently, it's going to be tradition, but just like with Andrew, at 9 1/2 weeks I woke up with a terrible migraine and was vomiting by mid morning. Of course it happened to be the day before we were leaving for the International Christian Retail Show in Georgia. I somehow managed (with lots of help from my sisters and mother) to get us all packed up and get everything ready to leave at 4am the next morning. I knew I was only sick from the pregnancy, and it wasn't a virus, so I determined that as long as I was not vomiting when we were getting ready to go, I was still going to go. By about 7 or 8 hours into our drive I was feeling much better and even ate some Mexican food for dinner. Only, pregnancy! :)
- Since that lovely day of being sick, I've been dealing (joyfully) with headaches that usually turn into mini to full blown migraines every day.
So, there's an update, and now you all know that I haven't fully disappeared from cyber-space! :)
I will leave you with a picture from the ICRS we went to a month ago. Andrew was sleeping for this picture, but we were pretty excited to meet Roma Downey (mostly known for being in Touched By An Angel). And yes, I was already showing at 10 weeks.
Monday, May 16, 2011
I am currently going through Elizabeth George's book A Wife After God's Own Heart (and gleaning lots of good things that I'm working on putting into practice) and I wanted to share an acronym with you that I intend to put on my bedroom mirror!
"Four biblical elements to help us apply God's teaching:"
Saturday, March 5, 2011
Tuesday, February 22, 2011
On another note, the seven sisters at www.homeschoolblogger.com/sevensisters are having a giveaway. Go check it out!!!!!! On second thought, don't, cause I want to win! :) Haha!!!!