Monday, June 7, 2010

Home

We celebrated the end of our first year of marriage on Saturday by moving into our new place. No, I don't have pictures yet because there are still boxes everywhere, and I haven't taken any pictures yet. :) But soon, I promise to post some soon. :) Thanks to the help of family and friends we not only moved everything to our new place, but we also got our clothes put away, the kitchen completely unpacked and our Living Room well on its way all within about 6 hours! God is so good! It was so nice to be able to celebrate our 1-year anniversary, the beginning of our second year of marriage yesterday by relaxing and enjoying puttering around, organizing books, cooking in my kitchen and just enjoying the quietness of being together alone. It has been amost 7 1/2 months since we left our apartment and since then we've been living with different couples and families for different lengths of time as the Lord led us halfway across the country in a big circle, bringing us back to CT. It is so nice to have "our home" again and the timing was so perfect as our anniversary made it extra special. We still have much settling down to do but not only are we enjoying our new home but so is Scott's dog (who, I have to be honest, I like to bring in the house more often then leave her outside).

Contrary to the above, I did some searching and found a few pictures for you all.
Last night we enjoyed some of our Wedding Cake. It was very good and the rest of it is sitting in the fridge, just waiting for us to finish it. :)

And here is our dog. Not a very good picture, but you can also see that I do have cupboards in our new place. :)

I snapped this picture last night as well. It was the first (and is still the only) section in my Living Room that isn't furniture and is all set up. :)

And here is *us* at the wedding that Scott was in a couple weeks ago. We managed to take these pictures before the wedding started, and just before a thick fog rolled in.



Here is a close-up of my Beloved and I. I love him so much!!!




I am adjusting to having my own place again. One thing I love about our house is that it has a real-size Fridge! We've done a lot of grocery shopping already and I still have empty shelves! YAY! Our apartment had a full Freezer/Refrigerator, but the whole thing came up to my nose and there was one rack in the fridge, and no shelves on the drawer. I'm also working on keeping on top of my dishes! I used to let them pile up and wash them once a day, but I don't think I could stand for that much time in one spot now, so I just wash as I dirty. :)
I bought some adorable Winnie The Pooh themed material to make curtains for the baby's room and I can't wait to get them made and hang them. However, first I must empty the baby's room of all the boxes that are in there for me to "go through". It's piled pretty high right now, but thankfully it's a small room, so there can't be too much stuff in there. :)
Well, that's about all for now. Have a blessed week and I'll do my best to update frequently whenever I get internet access.



No comments: