- I am 37 WEEKS!!!!! That's right, only 3 weeks left until my due date! 37 Weeks also means that I am "Full Term". I am getting more and more excited as each day passes to meet this precious Little One!
- I have gained over 40 pounds, I am sorry to admit and I'm just praying that with T-Tapping and Nursing, those 40+ pounds will roll away faster than they came! (Along with all stretch marks.)
- My headaches/migraines from the first half of the second trimester have been threatening to return over the past 2 weeks, but as long as I keep my stomach full of food (and lots of protein), they seem to be staying at bay.
- My feet and ankles have had some swelling over the past month and even when we have "cooler" days, it doesn't seem to make much of a difference. So, I have been trying to be strict with myself and take frequent breaks throughout the day, but... um... well... that hasn't exactly been working out that well.... It's a little hard to take a break when I have so much I need/want to get done!
- My clothes seem to be shrinking as almost every day it seems I find something else that doesn't fit anymore. I have had to console myself to the fact that no matter how hard I try, the 3 maternity shirts that are still wearable (even though 2 are getting a bit short) are not going to change. Oh, and as for finding something "different" to add to my wardrobe, not happening! The only shirts that would fit and look nice are just way too expensive considering that I only have 3-5 weeks left, and I was blessed enough to find the 2 skirts that I have now! But, that's okay, pretty soon, there will be a beautiful little baby in my arms and practically immediately after that, my wardrobe will start growing (without having to put out any extra money)! Isn't that lovely? :) I think God arranged everything just the way it is, on purpose! :) Over the past week in particular, God has been re-teaching me that lesson of contentment, and reminding me that yes, although it may seem like I don't have much to wear now, very soon I will be able to wear all the other things in my closet and in the bags in storage again, so don't get caught up in the worlds way of thinking "I need more clothes" because really, I don't! Back to update:
- I have been having more Braxton Hicks. Which is a "fancy" name for feeling the contractions that have been going on for the past 9 months but that still aren't intense enough for me to be in labor. But, as you can see, the explanation is longer than "Braxton Hicks" so that's what has stuck, I guess. :) Anyway, the other night (careful, I might go off on several "rabbit trails" as I haven't posted in so long) my darling husband went grocery shopping with me and I had about 5 "more intense" contractions over the space of about an hour. Even though I knew it wasn't (hopefully) the start of labor, it did get me thinking. That particular night I was in NO WAY ready to have this baby! I mean, I am just itching to meet this Little One, but I was not ready for it to actually be here yet (and I'm still not quite ready). Little by little we have been working on getting ready for the baby. I mean, we have everything (including the birthing pool) we need for the labor and delivery part of this baby's entrance into the world, but the baby's room isn't ready (as in the baby's things aren't quite fully organized yet) and we have yet to move stuff in our bedroom to make room for the cradle to go in there. I am the kind of person that likes to be prepared. I'm flexible, but I like to be as prepared as I possibly can be and those contractions the other night gave me a little bit of a scare. :) I told my Mom the other day that I am going to have to get my house into perfect order and then keep it that way, because I am not ready for this baby, just yet, but I really want to be. :) Of course, God may have other plans, but in the meantime, I am (little by little) working on putting the house in good order (finishing organizing things and finding homes for several items) and particularly making sure our room is ready for Baby. :) Okay, back to update....
- The crib is all set up in the baby's room and we bought a swing and bouncer seat (swing is all set up, and the bouncer seat is on it's way). The only thing we really need to get still is the Pack 'N' Play. I've decided that I'm going to set the pack 'n' play up in the Living Room for the first few weeks at least so that way when the baby takes it's naps, it can be close by instead of being all the way down the hall.
- I have also been working on stocking our freezer. I have frozen Ravioli (and sauce in the cupboard) and this week I put 3 containers of Chicken Pot Pie filling (just need to be thawed and get some biscuits on top) and 1 Apple Pie in there as well. I know people will be bringing us meals, but I figure even if we don't touch this food until 3-4 weeks after the baby is born, it will no doubt come in handy to have something that doesn't need too much work after a tiring day or when I don't have anything for Hubby's lunch and I don't have enough time to make a full meal. If anyone has any other suggestions of meals to freeze, please pass them on!
- The past week I've been working harder on exercising more as for a couple weeks I wasn't doing too good. Thankfully my parents have a pool, so I can do lots of exercising in there (which is so nice because it takes all the weight off of my feet for the time I'm in it) and I've been trying to take more walks and do more T-Tapping! The past week I exercised 5 out of 7 days, which is a big difference from 2 days the week before, and 1 day the week before that!
So how's that for a longer update? I'm sorry I don't have a picture, but I will try and take one over the next day or so and post it immediately. :)