Friday, September 11, 2009

A High Cost

I re-started studying through Elizabeth George's 'A Woman After God's Own Heart' this week, and came across something that I thought I should share.
This is the prayer of commitment of Betty Scott Stam, a China Inland Mission worker. She and her husband were led through the streets of China to their executionby decapitation, while their baby lay behind in its crib. This was her daily prayer.
"Lord, I give up all my own plans and purposes, all my own desires and hopes, and accept Thy will for my life. I give myself, my time, my all, utterly to Thee to be Thine forever. Fill me and seal me with Thy Holy Spirit. Use me as Thou wilt, send me where Thou wilt, work out Thy whole will in my life at any cost, now and forever."

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Just making sure that You and Scott know you are invited to a Landon's Alive picnic at our house tomorrow. Noon time. (Not sure if your father in law passed the word on) Or email me and let me know. I don't see your email address here.
hugs
Sherry