Saturday, September 12, 2009

Writing


After spending the last 4 days taking care of my sick Husband and trying desperately not to get what he had, I have succumbed and am sick enough to stay home from accompanying him to his booksigning today. :( But, thankfully I am not as sick as he was and it would seem that I won't become as sick as he was. One can only hope. :)

The worst thing about this sickness, is that it made my quiet time with the Lord very difficult. After trying to read the same paragraph in my study book for 8 minutes, I had to give up for the time being and settle for some quiet time just talking to God. Hopefully I will be able to concentrate better later.

Although I love to journal, I love to write letters, and I would love to someday write a book, because I love to write. I am not very good at writing, as far as the correct way of writing goes. At least, I don't believe I am. However, It doesn't stop me from writing because I always hope that I will become a better writer, the more I write.

I have read hundreds of books. The one year that I actually tried to keep a list of all the books I finished, I think I finished close to 300 books (chapter books, not children's books). I could read a Nancy Drew book in 2 1/2 hours. I have always been good at spelling, and I attribute that to when I had first learned to read and was teaching myself to read bigger and longer books. I would sound out each new word, and I always took notice of how words were spelled. Maybe it's because of my love for reading, that I love to write so much. I have large, nice journals in my Hope Chest that are full of written words, and the dates in one only cover the span of 9 months or so.

I have not held to what my original intentions were in starting this blog. Of course you could blame that on the fact that I was planning my wedding and working on setting up our first apartment in between everything else that was going on. But regardless, my goal in starting this blog was so that I could write things that other people could read. I can share things that the Lord teaches me, or share what the Lord is doing in my life with others. So many Blogging "Friends" of mine have been such an encouragement to me through the years, and I want to give back. I want to hopefully encourage or brighten others lives. And, regardless of how many people actually read my blog, I just enjoy writing. :)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hope you feel better soon! And give it time to find out in what direction you want your blog to go.

Anonymous said...

Hope you feel better Kelley. God can use every oppertunity to shape you. :)

~HW~

Shayna said...

Awesome, Kelley!! :) I look forward to reading your written words. That's partly why I keep a blog too ... putting my thoughts into words does not come easily to me, but I want to do it. And therefore purpose to do so. Sad to hear that Scott was sick ... I hope he's feeling back to 100%. Oh, and I can totally relate to "orderly clutter" around the home. ;)