Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Week 9 (and an update)

Hello to all my blog readers! This past Saturday we left Sunman, IN to go to a booksigning before making our way to Missouri. We spent Saturday night in a hotel and stayed up watching movies (which wasn't a good idea considering that we had a LOT of driving ahead of us on Sunday) and just having fun being together. Of course, staying up late meant that I was VERY hungry at 12:15 am. So, I decided to go downstairs and see if there was anything interesting in the vending machines. I know, I know, what I found there was not healthy, but nothing would have been open, and I just needed some food. :)

Sunday morning I typed our destination into the gps while Scott finished putting our luggage back in the car. We were delighted to see that it was 11:15 and we were supposed to arrive there at 3:08. That meant only 4 hours of driving (of course we knew that with stops it would take us a little longer to get there. We were driving along and when we were less than an hour from our destination, I started getting suspicious. The gps said we still had approximately a total of 100 miles to go, but it was after 3 o'clock and our arrival time was 3:50 (remember... all those stops? :) ). I wondered if the clock had gotten messed up on the gps so took it down to examine it. Sure enough, instead of saying 3:15 (like the clock on the dashboard said), it said "2:15". At first I couldn't figure it out. Then I realized that we must have changed time zones, which meant we had close to 2 hours to go still. But we finally made it just after 4pm, delighted to meet our new hosts (who are very nice, by the way). :)

So, on to the title of this post. :) I am now 9 weeks along in my pregnancy and the baby is growing a lot! And, in case anyone was wondering, it is certainly taking all it can get from Mama. :) I have not been feeling well pretty much all the time, with lots of headaches and my stomach is always uncomfortable. I am having to be very careful about making sure that I'm eating all that I need (which I haven't been too good at so far).

The Baby's ears are fully developed now as well as it's arms and legs and it's fingers and toes. It is just incredible to me, how much the baby grows in 1 week. Our God is so awesome! I feel so honored that God would bless us with this Little One and that there is a miracle happening inside of me. It makes me want to take care of myself all the more! I am so excited!

Go check out my Hubby's blog to see a couple pictures from the past week.

4 comments:

Jessica said...

Hello, Kelley!!!
I was so excited to hear that you had posted! But I haven't been able to come and see it yet, until now :-0 :) I love hearing about how big the baby is getting!

And do not worry... I haven't forgotten you as far as e-mails go! We've just been busy with teaching lessons and Project X of course : D Hee, hee!

Lots of love and hugs! I can't wait to see you again!

Love,

Jessica

Fair Maiden said...

Hi Jessica,
I was wondering when I was going to hear from you. :) Glad to hear that you're busy on Project *x*. :) I'm busy on it too. ;) (Email me... :) ).
I'm glad you liked hearing about the baby! :)
{HUGS}
Kelley

Fair Maiden said...

Hi Jessica,
I was wondering when I was going to hear from you. :) Glad to hear that you're busy on Project *x*. :) I'm busy on it too. ;) (Email me... :) ).
I'm glad you liked hearing about the baby! :)
{HUGS}
Kelley

Jessica said...

Oh it seems like it has been "forever" since I've been over here!!! I got your lovely e-mail today :D And quite enjoyed it, of course!

Yes, Project X is taking up a lot of last minute time here, plus we were gone all day yesterday, so that didn't help it along any :D I will e-mail you very soon...I hope! I have one more project to finish for PX :D I can't wait to hear about yours!

Love and HUGS!

Jessica